Grilled shrimp is one of my favorite things. This Coconut Rum Grilled Shrimp recipe is a perfect summer dinner! We served ours with some grilled sweet potatoes.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Read more here.
Note: 1 hour of soaking required for the shrimp before cooking. So plan accordingly.
- 6.75 oz of Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoon of spiced rum
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 lbs large shrimp, peeled
- 1 tablespoon of shredded unsweetened coconut
- Combine coconut milk, brown sugar, rum, and lime juice in a large bowl. Whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- Split the mix in half. Part will be to make the glaze
- Add Shrimp to remaining mix and toss shrimp until covered.
- Place covered in fridge for 1 hour.
- Start the glaze after the shrimp has been marinating for about 40 minutes
- Place mix in a small saucepan over low-medium heat. Bring to a simmer and stir constantly, until thicken slightly.
- Remove from hear.
- Take shrimp from fridge and place on skewers.
- Grill shrimp about 2 minutes on each side or until cooked the whole way through.
- Remove from grill and brush glaze on the shrimp
- Sprinkle coconut shreds on top of the shrimp and serve.
Click Here to request to join my FREE Fitness Facebook group