This is an easy low carb way to enjoy a family favorite. Philly Steak and Cheese! We made enough to have lunch for the next day.
- 4 medium Peppers (Red or Green)
- 1/2 medium Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 1 lbs Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp Butter
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to Taste
- Garlic Powder to Taste
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 1 lbs Steak, Sirloin
- Cut Peppers in half and take out all of the seeds.
- Spray baking pan and place pepper halves on the baking tray.
- Lightly coat peppers with cooking spray
- Preheat broiler on high
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a skillet.
- Saute Sliced Mushrooms and Onions until soft and season with salt and pepper to desired taste
- Remove From Skillet
- Add 1/2 tbsp of butter in skillet
- Coat steak with seasoning (Salt, Pepper, Garlic)
- Add steak to skillet, cooking just under desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat.
- Place Peppers in broiler until warm. Flipping at least once. This should only take a few minutes each side.
- Take Peppers out and flipping them face up.
- Fill with cooked Mushroom and Onions dividing evenly.
- Thinly slice the steak.
- Place steak pieces evenly in peppers.
- Add about 1/4 cup cheese to each pepper
- Place in broiler on low
- Cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute