Hard boiled eggs are a great healthy snack and super easy to make. I usually eat them with just a little salt on them until after a couple weeks of that I was starting to get bored.
With the holidays and Christmas shopping and everything I don’t have a lot of extra time in my day and these are just too easy to make for my morning snack.
So I decided to try and spice them up and do a different flavoring each day for the week.
- Sprinkle some paprika on them. I love deviled eggs adding a little paprika works great for a quick taste.
2. Dijon Mustard and Dill. We had a bunch of fresh dill that needed to be used up so I experimented with adding it to flavor my eggs. Topped it with a little Dijon Mustard and it was a perfect snack.
3. Add a little avocado. I cut up about a quarter of an avocado to add. I always loved avocada and egg salad sandwiches.
4. Add hot sauce. Hot sauce is an easy calorie free way to add flavor to a lot of things. Eggs are one of those things. I have seen a lot of people eat hot sauce on scrambled eggs so I decided to try it on hard boiled eggs.
5. Sprinkle with Chipotle Chili Powder. This is another spicy one. I only used a little of this because to me it has a strong smokey flavor but a little goes a long way in this case!
You can mix these or add your own spices and get a great combination. Dijon Mustard on the eggs with Avocado would be a great way to mix it up too!
Pingback: Prepare for the Week Ahead of Time - Tiffany Meiter