Grilled shrimp is one of my favorite things. This Coconut Rum Grilled Shrimp recipe is a perfect summer dinner! We served ours with some grilled sweet potatoes.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Read more here.
Note: 1 hour of soaking required for the shrimp before cooking. So plan accordingly.
- 6.75 oz of Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoon of spiced rum
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 lbs large shrimp, peeled
- 1 tablespoon of shredded unsweetened coconut
- Combine coconut milk, brown sugar, rum, and lime juice in a large bowl. Whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- Split the mix in half. Part will be to make the glaze
- Add Shrimp to remaining mix and toss shrimp until covered.
- Place covered in fridge for 1 hour.
- Start the glaze after the shrimp has been marinating for about 40 minutes
- Place mix in a small saucepan over low-medium heat. Bring to a simmer and stir constantly, until thicken slightly.
- Remove from hear.
- Take shrimp from fridge and place on skewers.
- Grill shrimp about 2 minutes on each side or until cooked the whole way through.
- Remove from grill and brush glaze on the shrimp
- Sprinkle coconut shreds on top of the shrimp and serve.
Check out here for more healthy recipes.
Click Here to request to join my FREE Fitness Facebook group
Love shrimp. I will be making this for sure.
I love shrimp when I go out to restaurants, but have never tried cooking it at home. My parents never ate sea food so it’s a learning experience for me. This looks easy enough for me to try! Thank you
That is such an interesting marinade! Will have to try it with tofu 🙂
I am in love with shrimp, any kind of shrimp. I want to make these so bad! They look delicious!
i could really eat shrimp every single day and be perfectly happy though it’s probably not healthy…lol..still. going to have to try this recipe over the weekend.
It looks divine and that glaze makes it an inviting treat to enjoy in the warm weather. Delish!
I’m not a fan of shrimp but man. These look good. My family would chow down.
I love shrimp and i would love to try this recipe, this is something different.