Breakfast has to be the simplest meal of the day for me. I am sure that is common for most as the mornings can be a challenge to get everything done and to work on time. So my husband and I made these breakfast sandwiches for the week and froze them. I was super skeptical about this at first. I am not sure about freezing meals ahead of time. However, it turned out way better than I expected and it was very easy to make.
- 10-15 Turkey Sausage Patties. You can use any meat you would prefer here.
- 10 English Muffins, we used Thomas’s light.
- 10 Eggs
- Cheese of your choice: Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using large muffin tins break 1 egg into each slot.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While baking toast Your English muffins or choice of bread.
- Slice cheese of your choice, we used cheddar and a spicy habenero tequila cheese.
- We used precooked turkey sausage patties so there was no work here.
- Wait till everything is cold and stack your sandwiches. My husband did do a sausage patty and a half for his sandwiches while I only used one.
- Wrap each sandwich individually, we are freezing them but they can be refrigerated for up to about 4 or 5 days.
- Then heat in the microwave when you are ready to eat. It took about 2-3 minutes in our microwave.
Tip: Cutting down the center about half way through helps create a more even cook.
This is a great dish to make and is pretty flexible you can add your choice of cheese, bread, meat, or egg style. You can even switch it up so every day is a little different if you have the ingredients. Comment below if you have any variations you have tried!